(Edmonton, Alberta) In partnership with the Government of Alberta, the Alberta Safety Council (ASC) has awarded Office Move Pro Edmonton a Certificate of Recognition (COR) for Partnerships in Injury Reduction. Office Move Pro earned the COR for developing and implementing an occupational health and safety program in line with the principles of the program. The program is a voluntary collaboration between employers and the province to build effective health and safety management systems.
The government of Alberta lists nine essential components, as follows, for an effective health and safety management system:
- Identification and analysis of health and safety hazards at the work site
- Control measures to eliminate or reduce the risks to workers from hazards
- Clearly demonstrated and management commitment, and written company policy
- Worker competency, orientation and training
- Inspection program
- Emergency response planning
- Incident reporting and investigation
- Management system administration
- Joint work site health and safety committee
In order to be certified, Office Move Pro had to meet the standards established by the province, then successfully pass an independent evaluation reviewed by the ASC.
About the Alberta Safety Council
The ASC is a non-government, non-profit organization that provides safety training and programs for workplace, COR and other areas. Learn more.
About Office Move Pro
Office Move Pro is the only Canadian moving company dedicated exclusively to commercial and office moving. To maintain our strong commitment to sustainable, safe, and healthy work environments for our employees and the communities and companies in which we work, we promote workplace health and safety through ongoing training and regular dialogue. You can view samples of our training materials here.ShareTweetShareShare